When you browse the website, your personal data are collected and processed using cookies and other tracking devices (hereinafter referred to as "cookies").
As EDF puts its energy into protecting your privacy, the purpose of this Policy is to explain in a transparent manner the operations carried out concerning data relating to your browsing and interactions with our digital spaces. You will find all the information you need to clearly understand how they are used by EDF, particularly with regard to:
- the uses made of cookies;
- the types of cookies used;
- entities that are authorised to place cookies on the website;
How do i choose the cookies to be used?
You can change your preferences at any time, including withdrawing your consent, by clicking here.
We need your consent to use these data (this is the legal basis). You are asked to give your consent when you first visit our website and arrive on one of its pages.
Cookies allow EDF and its partners to pursue several different purposes, which are set out below. These purposes are based either on (i) the legitimate interest of EDF or its partners, which you are then informed of and which you may object to, or (ii) on your prior consent which you can either give in order to receive the corresponding benefits, or refuse. EDF also uses certain technical cookies that are required to allow you to access the site and use its features.
If you do not want cookies to be used, your refusal will also be saved in a technical cookie stored on your web browser.
Your cookie choices will be saved for 6 months from the date the cookie in question is placed on your device.
What is a cookie?
Cookies (and other tracking devices such as tags, beacons or pixels) are technologies allowing EDF and/or our partners to store or read the information contained in the device (for example, your computer, tablet or smartphone) that you use when you visit our website. These tracking devices are used by applying the legal bases explained to you and any tracking devices requiring your prior consent are used depending on your choices.
Which data are used and collected?
Categories of data
The categories of data that can be collected using cookies are as follows:
- Non-significant identifier derived from the cookie (randomly generated identifier)
- Expiry date of cookies
- Name of server that placed the cookie
- IP address
- Identifier of the devices used
- Type of equipment used
- Pages viewed
- Clicks made on our websites
- Date and time of actions carried out
- Source of the visit
In particular, the data that can be collected using technical cookies (strictly necessary) are as follows:
- user session
- refresh token for maintaining sessions
These data allow us to derive information about you, such as:
- Your interests and preferences for an offer, service or theme;
- Your user profile depending on, for example, the frequency of your visits and your uses
What are cookies used for?
In essence, cookies and other tracking devices used on the website may allow EDF and its partners to:
- Enable access and browsing on the website
- Customise the content presented to you on the website or app, according to your interests;
- Establish audience and traffic measurements for the website or the app;
- Ensure and evaluate the security of the website or app by detecting incidents, attempted intrusion or other malfunctions;
- Meet EDF’s legal obligations.
The purposes pursued by EDF and its partners when using cookies or other tracking devices to collect data about you are described in more detail below:
Main purposes of cookies and tracking devices
Strictly necessary cookies:
Technical cookies are necessary to ensure that our websites and apps function properly and are secure. In particular, they contribute to security, ergonomics and language choice. As a result, they are permanently activated.
Information about your use of the website content is collected to assess, understand and report on how you use the service. These cookies allow us to compile statistics about the traffic and use of our website or our app to improve their services and content.
Which cookies are used, and by whom?
Your personal data are communicated to the following categories of recipients:
- EDF's internal services: these are EDF's internal departments and services responsible for using the data for the purposes specified in the section "What are your data collected for? ”. These people only have access to the data strictly necessary for carrying out their tasks.
- Subcontractors: these are companies that act on our behalf, in accordance with the instructions and guidelines that we impose on them (for example, the IT subcontractors who provide us with the navigation analysis software). These organisations may not reuse your data for any other purpose than those defined by EDF.
Details of the cookies used on the website and the edf&moi app
A list of the entities issuing cookies and tracking devices on the website can be found below, along with additional details about them:
|Classification of issuing entities||Name of issuing entity||Role in data processing||Cookie / tracker name||Domains / websites||Category / description of the cookie / tracker||cookie / tracker lifespan||Transfer outside the EU|
|Technical||Akamai||Subcontractor||AKA_A2||.edf.fr||Used to measure the audience and performance of the site's pages for the purpose of technical exploitation of the cache||60 minutes||NO|
|Used to measure the audience and performance of the site's pages for the purpose of technical exploitation of the cache||NO|
|Technical||Akamaï||Subcontractor||RT||.edf.fr||Used to measure the audience and performance of the site's pages for the purpose of technical exploitation of the cache||7 days||NO|
|Technical||Akamaï||Subcontractor||ak_bmsc||exaion.edf.fr||This cookie is associated with Akamai and is used to differentiate traffic from humans and robots.||Session||NO|
|Technical||Akamaï||Subcontractor||bm_sv||exaion.edf.fr||Used by Akamai to optimize site performance and security.||Session||NON|
|Technical Cookies||CommandersAct||Subcontractor||TC_PRIVACY||.edf.fr||Used for storing the user's status (optin, optout or exempt)||396 days||NO|
|Technical Cookies||CommandersAct||Subcontractor||TC_PRIVACY_CENTER||.edf.fr||Used to display the optin/optout categories in the privacy centre if the user reopens it.||396 days||NO|
|Audience measurement||CommandersAct||Subcontractor||TCID||.commander1.com||Visitor ID used to calculate deduplicated statistics per user (for campaign and site tracking, segmentation, ...). TrustCommander uses this cookie to measure the performance statistics of the privacy banner after the visitor has given consent. Before users give their consent, TrustCommander uses the TCPID cookie to measure the anonymous statistics of the privacy banner.||365 days||NO|
|Technical cookies / Anonymous and exempt audience measurement||CommandersAct||Subcontractor||TCPID||.edf.fr||Used to identify visitors exposed to the privacy banner. TrustCommander uses this cookie to measure the usage statistics of the privacy banner until visitors give their consent for the TCID cookie. With this 2-cookie system, TrustCommander is the only CMP that has been granted the right to waive consent for statistical measurement by the French CNIL (National Commission on Informatics and Liberty).
|Audience measurement||CommandersAct||Subcontractor||WID||.commander1.com||Used to identify when the browser is closed in order to divide page views into multiple functional sessions.||Session||NO|
|Technical||Drupal||Subcontractor||has_js||https://www.exaion.edf.fr/||Deposited by Drupal and allows the site to run with alternatives to AJAX functionalities, if JS is disabled||Session||NO|
|Audience measurement||Matomo (Piwik)||Subcontractor||_pk_id.389.*||exaion.edf.fr||Cookie used to store a unique user ID.||13 months||NO|
|Audience measurement||Matomo (Piwik)||Subcontractor||_pk_ses.389.*||exaion.edf.fr||Data storage related to the visit||Session||NO|
|Technical Cookie||Piano Analytics||Subcontractor||pa_privacy||exaion.edf.fr||Used for storing the user's status||13 months||NO|
|Audience measurement||Piano Analytics||Subcontractor||pa_vid||exaion.edf.fr||Cookie used to store a unique user ID.||13 months||NO|
How to exercise your rights and manage your cookie preferences
- The right to access your personal data;
- The right to correct your personal data;
- The right to delete your personal data (subject to EDF's legal obligations);
- The right to request the suspension of the processing of your personal data;
- The right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data;
- The right to request the portability of your personal data;
- The right to decide on the fate of your data after your death;
- The right to withdraw your consent, where the processing of your data is on this basis.
You can exercise your rights by going to the customer area and filling out the specific form for this purpose in the "Contact us" section.
If you do not have a customer area, you can apply to exercise your rights by:
- Writing an e-mail to “email@example.com” if you are a private individual, and to “firstname.lastname@example.org” if you are a professional;
- Writing a letter to "EDF SERVICE CLIENTS TSA 21941 - 62978 ARRAS CEDEX 9";
- Calling 09 69 32 15 15 (charged at the local rate).
However, if you experience any difficulties, you can also contact our data protection officer by e-mail at: email@example.com.
You also have the right to file a complaint with the French Data Protection Authority, the Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés (CNIL).
As regards processing for which the partners are responsible, they shall indicate the terms and conditions for exercising your rights under the conditions accessible from the aforementioned links. We may also send them your requests to exercise your data rights, if you send this request to EDF.